In the world leading to the technologies, there are many mobile users on the desktop, and it is important for organizations to beat the door of mobile platforms. However, the biggest problem is deciding if you want to create a mobile website or start a mobile app. The decision depends entirely on the nature of the business and the purpose of choosing one or both.
In order to make a rational decision, you must first understand the meaning of both. Mobile websites are similar to any other website that contains HTML pages in the browser that are linked and accessed over the Internet (for Wi-Fi or 3G or 4G mobile connections).
Mobile websites also display content, information, images and data like other standard websites. They have added features such as click-to-call mapping and location.
On the other hand, mobile applications are the real applications that need to be downloaded and installed on your mobile phone in order to use them. Users should go through the mobile app store to download the application where they can retrieve data and download information from the Internet.
Mobile websites are considered better due to a number of additional benefits. These are the following advantages to choosing websites:
- Availability: Sites are immediately available if you enter the URL into the browser while applications require time and data to download and install first.
- Compatibility: A website is the best way to reach all users. If you are using Android and IOS or Windows, WWW is for the whole world. Applications are limited to different operating systems.
- Update: When the site owner changes updates, users can enjoy the updated version with ease, while updating an application is a hectic task for users.
- Sharing: Sharing a URL is useful when sharing an application that requires another specific application. Instead, sharing a link on any social media platform is a click task.
- Time and money: Mobile website development is much better money and time saver than developing an application, especially if you need to be on different platforms.
- Other steps: Starting an application in stores is not enough to be on platforms. It requires compatibility issues, continuous development, updates and testing, which is more expensive than launching an application.
Applications are only important for interactive games, regular use or customization, and also when no Internet connection is required for use.