If you want to install the latest version of iOS, but do not have enough space on your iPhone or iPad, this article is exactly what you are looking for. Below, we show you how to download and install iOS on your iPhone or iPad through iTunes on your Mac, so you do not have to delete anything: you will also notice that the installation is faster!
When Apple releases a new version of iOS, it’s usually a simple process to update it on your iPhone or iPad. We have instructions for this: update iOS on an iPhone. However, it is not as easy as your iPhone has a small amount of space. If you have an iPhone with 16 GB of storage space, or even a 32 GB iPhone full of photos, it is likely that the iOS installer needs more space than it has available.
In that case, you want to follow this tutorial and install your version of the iOS update through iTunes on your Mac or PC.
How to update iOS if you do not have enough space on your iPhone / iPad
If you do not have much free space on your iPhone or iPad, when you update iOS, you may see a message that Apple will remove some of your applications to free up space. You can choose to let Apple do this; You can download your applications again later. You can also follow our tips on how to make space on an iPhone.
But if all that seems like a lot of additional work, there is a way to avoid it. Here’s how to update iOS through iTunes on your Mac or PC:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC
2. Turn on your Mac (or PC) and start iTunes
3. You should see the message that says “There is a new version of software for iPhone (11.0) for the iPhone” YourName iPhone “. Do you want to download and update your iPhone now?”
4. Before clicking Yes, verify that your iCloud backup is up to date (or that you are backing up in iTunes). If you do not have a recent backup, we recommend that you create one before performing the update. Wait for a few minutes. Here you can read how you can support your iPhone
5. After making a backup, click Transfer and update and wait while the Mac connects to the iOS update server.
6. Accept the software license agreement.
7. When prompted for the access code on the iPhone or iPad, Touch ID may be sufficient.
8. Once the iOS update has finished downloading to the Mac, it will change to the iPhone firmware update
9. Eventually, the iPhone will reboot, after which you can go through several configuration options
10. You can follow the whole process in the video at the top of this article. It may take a while, depending on whether you are working at the same time as everyone else in the world, but in less busy times it takes approximately 40 minutes from start to finish.