A smartphone is a mobile phone that incorporates advanced functionality that makes phone calls and sends text messages. Most smartphones have the ability to display photos, play videos, check and send email and web browsing, Modern smartphones such as Android-based phones and iPhone to third-party applications that perform unlimited functions.
Smartphones are the new generation mobile phones that resemble several features you would expect from a normal computer. The Apple iPhone is the most popular example, sold more than 100 million mobile phones in 2011, but competitors such as Samsung and Google Nexus are gaining ground quickly. Almost all mobile phones can be purchased now will have some kind of smartphone capabilities.
While smart phones were initially used primarily by business users, they have become both a common option for consumers. Thanks to advances in technology, modern smartphones are smaller and cheaper than previous devices. Users also have a much broader range of smartphones to choose from before. While the RIM BlackBerry dominated the smartphone market for many years, other manufacturers like Apple, HTC and Samsung now offer a wide range of smartphone options as well. This increase in the availability of smartphones has resulted in a corresponding decrease in the use of the PDA standard, which does not include phone functionality.
Since smartphones have a wide range of functions, sophisticated software is required, similar to a computer operating system. The smartphone software handles phone calls, running applications, and provides configuration options for the user. Most smartphones come with a USB connection, which allows users to synchronize data with their computers and update their software for smartphones.
Advantages and key features smartphones’
- Smart phones are about the same size, shape and weight as a normal mobile phone.
- Usually they received a large amount of memory so they can store and transport their music, photos, videos and information.
- Smart phones to access email and the web wherever you are, either via a 3G or laptop connection over a Wi-Fi connection if one available.
- Smartphones have the ability to run applications known as “run applications” – software that runs on your phone. Applications can provide a wide range of functions, from word processors to games and foreign translators. It’s almost like a fully functional computer in your pocket.
- Of course, smart phones also make and receive phone calls and text messages!
- Smartphone costs vary widely depending on the model and the network provider. You can pay between £ 150 and £ 300 a year contract or about £ 500 on a pay-per-you-go basis.