In short, web applications dynamic websites combined with server-side programming that include functionality such as interacting with users, connecting to databases and back-end results generation browsers.
Examples of web applications include online banking, social networking, online reservations, e-commerce applications / shopping carts, interactive games, online training, online surveys, blogs, online forums, systems, content management, etc.
There are two major categories of encoding, programming and programming to create web applications:
I. Scripting / Coding Page Client – Client Page Scripting is the type of code executed or interpreted by browsers.
Users have access to the client-side scripts on a site (in the menu, click “View Source” to view the source code).
Here are some common technologies. Client side scripting is presented:
• HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
• Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
II. Server Page Scripting / Coding – Server Page Scripting is the type of code that is executed or interpreted by the web server.
Server Page Scripting is not visible or accessible to any visitor or general public.
Below are common server scripting technologies shown?
- PHP (common language script – Linux / Unix based on Open Source – Free redistribution, usually combined with the MySQL database)
- Send Framework (Framework Object-Oriented Web Applications in PHP)
? ASP (Microsoft Web Server (IIS) script language)
- ASP.NET (Microsoft Web Application Framework – ASP Follower)
- ColdFusion (Web Application Framework Adobe)
- Ruby on Rails (Ruby Program web application programming – free redistribution)
• Perl (programming language high level of general use and Server Side Scripting Language – free redistribution – lost its popularity in PHP)
- Python (programming language often uses high-level language and Server Side Scripting – free redistribution)
Program libraries are a collection of features, classes, or subroutines often used for ease of development and maintenance, because developers simply add or edit features a working frame or modular application.
Web application frameworks
Web application frameworks are sets of program libraries, components and tools organized in a system architecture that allows developers to create and maintain complex web application projects using a fast and efficient approach.
Web Application Frameworks are designed to streamline programming and promote reuse of code to create organization and structure of folders, documents, guidelines and libraries (reusable code for common functions and classes).
Web application framework – benefits and benefits
- Actions and logic of the program are separated from HTML, CSS and design files. This helps designers (no programming experience) be able to edit and create interface design changes without the help of a programmer.
- The compilations are based on the module, libraries and tools, which allows programmers to easily share and implement complex features and capabilities quickly and efficiently.
- The structure helps to produce the best coding practice with coherent logic and coding standards and allows other developers to familiarize themselves with the code in a short period of time.
Coding Guidelines, Standards and Convention
Coding Guidelines are sets of rules and standards that are used when programming a web application project.
These rules and standards are applied to logical coding, structure and folder names, file names, file organization, formatting and indentation, statements, functions, and classes and naming conventions. These rules also require the writing of clear comments and documentation.
Key Benefits of Using Coding Guidelines
• Create the best environment for multiple developers working on the same project
• Provides ease of maintenance and version management
• It provides better readability and understanding of the source code
- Make sure other developers understand and get familiar with the code in a short time
Model Lifecycle Web Applications
Web Application Lifecycle is the process of developing a web application and the involvement of multiple teams participating in the development process. Each organization can adjust your own business.
Some companies follow a standard model such as System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) or Agile Software Development Model.
- SDLC is the traditional process of developing software or web applications by identifying and defining research into the used application, data analysis, architectural design and plan specifications, team involvement, programming, testing and troubleshooting .
- Agile Software / Web Application Development is an iterative development process and practices of the development process focused on employee involvement and a better procedure for revisions and changing web application needs. Agile methodology includes research, analysis, project management, design, programming, implementation, frequent testing, customization and maintenance.
Web Development Process Applications
Process web application development organizes a practical approach and focus on application development.
For detailed information: Process Web Application Development
The following list of suggested procedures and documents provide a good sketch for a Lifecycle and Process Web Application:
- Document roadmap: Defining web application, purpose, goals and direction
- Research and identification of areas of hearing and security documents
- Compose or functional specifications document overview of the functions
- Document Cooperation and Project Management Team
- Selection of Technology, Technical Specifications, Architecture Diagram Structure and Web Applications Development Methodology, Version Control, Backups, Updates, Document Expansion and Growth Planning, Select Hardware / Software Server
- Analysis and selection of third-party vendors (merchant account and payment gateway, SSL Certificate, Managed Server / Servers placed Provider, compliance centers, visitor analysis software third-party payment systems, etc.)
- Visual Application Guide, Layout Design, Interface Design, Framing Wire
- Design Structure Databases and Web Application Development
- Testing: Quality Assurance, Multiple Browser Support, Security, Performance – Load and Stress Testing, Usability
Web Application Testing
Testing is an important part of web application development. Sometimes testing consumes more labor and more time than the development itself.
Here are some of the most common test needed for a process of web application development:
• Quality assurance and test errors
• Compatibility with multiple browsers
• Application Security
• Performance – load testing and stress
Trends and Popularity
Requirements for companies to build web applications are growing significantly.
As planned and well-built, web applications can:
- Realizes and serves millions of consumers and businesses
• Generating substantial revenue, multi-layer / multi-category of consumers, businesses and advertisers
- Easy to build goodwill and commercial assets based on audience reach, popularity, technology and potential growth
Below are good reasons for companies to build web applications:
• Companies want to streamline their departments and internal functions, operations, sales and project management, etc.
- Companies want to put the flexibility and versatility of a web-based application, from the platform of traditional desktop applications to web application platform
• Companies want more customers or better service your existing customers by providing services and solutions online
- Companies want to provide new web applications or provide innovative solutions for consumers and businesses online
Impact on business
Web applications today have a significant impact on business form businesses and consumers do business such as:
- There are opportunities to prevail and overlook the traditional brick business mortar, and when such opportunities were seldom possible or existed prior to the Web explosion
- The new Web created a global business environment that traditional businesses way of doing business, challenge
- Companies must rediscover and evolve to compete in today’s trends, online businesses and the global marketplace
- Businesses and consumers have more opportunities and resources to research and easy to compare and shop around for the best deals
- The information and resources are enormous and available to anyone who seeks
- Businesses or businesses that benefit from consulting and advice, which can be easily purchased online now, struggling and need to take a new business directive if they want to maintain their solvency.