Not content with dominating the market for digital music, smartphones and tablets, Apple is about a future in which portable devices to control everything in our heart and caffeine intake to outline saturated fats, blood sugar and oxygen.
In the largest launch event in Cupertino, California, is expected Apple will be a portable device that will help capture biometric data on the activity, fixing his gaze on the health of US $ 3TN (US $ 1.800mn) announce .
His first collaboration with hospitals and health organizations were announced in June 2014 with the launch of the health of software developer’s kit. The software developers will be able to create applications for health as a wide range of medical needs. In short, Apple says, you are in control of the data, but can share with a doctor if he or she wants.
The health industry is a potentially lucrative market, which is worth about 10% of the economy of developed countries, In Britain, spent over 100,000 million pounds a year in the NHS, according to the Ministry of Health.
Ubaydli says: “The only way to provide more care to people living longer and age is no more money to use technology, there is a great demand for technology in health care and is a very interesting time.”
The September 9 event will also unveil the most anticipated Apple iPhone, with a 4.7 inch screen to compete with larger rival’s smartphones Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony and Microsoft. 48% of US smartphone users expect to upgrade their phones in the next 12 months; Apple – led by the CEO, Tim Cook – is expected to start unleashing currently the biggest selling period.
It is expected that the new iPhone has a hardened scratch resistant screen. Apple patents and experience in sapphire crystal – the third hardest mineral – suggests that the iPhone screen similar to that could watches sapphire in high-end.
Apple is also expected to a mobile payment service that introduce would use the iPhone as a credit card to pay for goods. A Financial Times report indicated Apple secure communications technology contactless short-range iPhone, which is likely to connect with your Touch ID fingerprint sensor would build to allow payments.
The company has long resisted the technology Near Field Communication (NFC) (short-range communication and contactless payments), which is available on many Android smartphones for years, despite the fact that patents for the pay phones with NFC.
The company has one of the largest payment database databases in the world, with approximately 800 credit cards on the plate through its existing iTunes Store. They can be used for the mobile payments market, which is struggling to get up Ignite, despite the efforts made by PayPal, Google, mobile operators and banks.
Apple has more than gadgets; It is about data and what can be done with these data, and has partnered with Cambridge University NHS Hospitals in the UK and Mount Sinai, UCLA and Health Hospitals of Stanford in the United States, among other institutions.
But the company told developers this week that there would be strict privacy and that they should not sell user information to third parties. They may share data for medical research purposes, but only with the explicit consent of the user.
Companies such as Nike will be able to collect medical data on users through Apple’s new application of Health, which will launch for new and existing iPhones in September, providing information for both the individual and system health care.
- A larger 4.7in iPhone with a scratch-resistant screen produced in the United States through a new process to build a laminated sapphire glass. Some also expect Apple to launch a larger phone with a 5.5-inch screen, further exploiting consumers’ appetite for “phablets” – or very large tablet-phones
- A smart, portable device that can control and collect health data and wirelessly to an iPhone. The device could track the steps, calories and activity used throughout the day and sleep through the night
- More details on the Apple Health Data Service, which collects information from portable and medical devices and makes it easy to understand, and in a format that patients can share with their doctors
- Holidays given the Apple chip supply industry could be on the verge of a contact less payment system based on NFC, which would be built on the iPhone to enter and coordinate with fingerprint reader Apple’s Touch ID – so That payment for items that through the fingerprint or fixed by touching a code on the phone.
- Associations and launch HomeKit information, a software platform that allows users to control smart devices at home through a central application on the iPhone or, perhaps, set-top box Apple TV
- An emphasis on the privacy of users around the data: Apple is trying to emphasize that money is from advertising, and therefore is not necessary to collect information from users to transmit to advertisers
- More details about Apple’s Continuity system, which allows people to make and receive calls and text messages from an iPhone to a Mac or iPad computer, even when the phone in another room.